Rev. Melvin Rumohr arrived on Memorial Day 1907 to organize a Methodist church in Leavenworth, Washington. Our original church family first met together for worship in June 1907, with 20 people received into membership. Annual Conference was held that September and included our church being incorporated as the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Leavenworth, Washington.
The first church building was erected in 1908 at the corner of Evans and Whitman streets and the first “church” services were held on December 9th.
In 1946, four lots at the corner of Evans and Summit streets were purchased for a new, larger church. The building committee, headed by the founding pastor Rev. Rumohr, oversaw the three year construction process which culminated in completion in 1949, with the first services held on Easter Sunday. Rev. LaVern E. Tooley was pastor.
In 1954, new church was dedicated after the mortgage was paid off. In 1959 the Golden Jubilee of the church was celebrated (50 years after dedication of first church) and Rev. Rumohr participated.
In 2007, our church family celebrated our Centennial.